Friday, July 25, 2008

Ward camp....


I don't think some of you will care about this one. It's more for my family I guess. So my sister and her two kids camped with us for 2 nights and 3 three days. For the short time she was to be with us she packed 5 panties for my niece Belinha who has been potty trained for a while now. Well I don't know what happened, I guess she was just having so much fun! Anyway, she had managed to pee in all her panties by the second day. The camp kind of went like this all day for 2 days...."Mommy I have to make she she!" - "Okay come on let's go." You bust out the little portapotty and.......yay she goes in the toilet! Or so we thought. As we put on her panties and shorts we notice they're wet. "Belinha you need to tell us when you have to go and not wait! Uuuggghhh!" "Do not hold it in till the last minute!" - "Okay mommy (aunty)." The next time she'll be holding her thing and jumping and walking around in circles. "Belinha, do you need to go potty?"- "I need to go potty!" What happens......?........ you guessed it, she pees in her pants again. So that pretty much was what we were doing for 2 days (technically 3 days). Oh just to share a little something. As we were relaxing by our little tent just talking, Bela went to sit on U'i's lap. Suddenly, I get the tired rolled eyes from U'i. As she stands up her pants in the middle are all wet. Bela had sat on mommy just to pee! **LOL** Sorry U'i but it is funny now I think of it.


Okay so here's the story you've all been waiting for. On Thursday night we were sound asleep in our tent. All of a sudden....CRASH, well more like crash. I wake up and find the pole to our E-Z up tent is like 2-3 feet from crushing my son (total exageration). But the pole was leaning in to our tent. I got up and tried to hold the pole from leaning further in cause I was scared that it might make our tent fall. This is how it went. By the way we were whispering cause the kids actually didn't hear a thing and were still sleeping. "U'i wake up, I need help. I think our tent fell!" As U'i is getting up and putting on a jacket, I look out the window and notice that I can see the sky. At this point i'm thinking....why can I see the sky, gasp, where's the tent i'm holding on to the pole? At this point Dezi has waken up and I have to carry him. I nervously let go of the pole and walk outside to find that the E-Z up had blown over, turned inside out and landed on our tent. It looked like a big spider had just landed right on top of our tent. GASP...."Oh my gosh, U'i the tent is broken! What do I do! I...I...I have to get help!" Keep in mind this is now about 4 in the a.m. U'i comes outside and says, "Ooohhh my gooosh!" Again I say,"I have to get help. Should I ask Matt and Kelly?" So, reluctantly I walk over to the Bishops tent (awesome family by the way..Love you guys!), wake them up and ask for their help. "Maatt, Kelly, I need your help!" They come over, and Kelly says "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" (that saying seems to be the theme here). Thank goodness that we were able to get the thing off our tent and all folded up. In the process U'i's son Kia'i has now woken up. We get back into our tent (after our little potty run) and the kids are totally awake and talking and playing and now Belinha has woken up and is asking "what happened to the tent?" U'i and I can do nothing but laugh and let the kids tire themselves out again. This pic. was taken at about 5 a.m. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of the thing on top but I was carrying my son and it was 4 in the a.m. You'll just have to imagine it.




The tarp to our E-Z up.





You can see one broken pole out of 10.



Dezi saying, "What! So our tent broke. So what? Piece of crap tent."

1 comments:

kelly

well i don't know if anyone else was waiting for it but i was and it is pretty funny now. i do tend to overreact...it was just a little crazy in the middle of the night. those are the memories though.
love the new background and we love you too. i like dezi's comments as well :)
kelly