Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mililani 1st Ward Camp @ Bellows...

This post is a little different. I have little captions or stories under each picture to tell about the Ward Camp. And since there are so many pics and stories to tell there will be more posts coming up.

My ward's camp was last week from Tuesday to Saturday. This is U'i cooking our dinner for Wednesday night. We had steak and rice and salad. However I didn't eat the steak cause it was to raw for my liking. Didn't know really how long to cook food on a little burnner. I'm sure it was good though. I actually went to bed without eating anything but a few cookies that night. We were ametuer campers. As you can see we had an E-Z up tent (story to follow in the next post) for our shade and protection while everyone else, and I mean EVERYONE else had their E-Z corners, except for one other family. There were about 20 families altogether. We didn't have bins either to seal and put away our food, so every night we had to bring all the food and cleaning stuff in our tent so the cats couldn't get to it.




Me and Dezi showing off our little set up that we were so proud of having! For a little while at least. You'll see what I mean later.

*Laughing out loud to myself right now*




Gil and I playing blongo ball. Our friends the Bishops, who were camping next to us, had this game. It looks simple but it's really fun. The orange ladder is 1 point, the yellow 2 points and the green is 3 points. Each player has 3 ropes with golf balls at each end. You throw the string to land on a ladder and add up points. The first to 21 without going over wins. You can knock down the others players balls to minus points if you want. In this case Gil won but I want a rematch.





The kids and I just hanging out waiting for dinner! It was a long day.

3 comments:

kelly

you have much cuter pictures! can't wait for the rest of the story :)
we had fun camping next to you guys, see you same time same place next year! with an EZ corner!
Kelly

Amalie

hi keli what a cute page! I think your set up was impressive, at least way better than mine. anyway I found your page through cam and lohi's page. small world right?

Juli

Hi Keli! You know, this was our first year with an EZ corner--and we've been doing this for 5 years! Each year we've tried to add a little to our camping gear (last year we acquired our very own lanterns. Woo hoo!)
I'm glad you guys were there =)

Juli Hallstrom