Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day #2

So mother's day at my in-laws went like this...Everyone came over to our house (aunties, uncles, cousins and all the cousins babies which from the pic below you can tell there aren't that many) for a mother's day lucheon which by the way the mother's had to cook. I had talked to my mother-in-law the night before and she explained to me that in the Philipines they don't have mother's day or father's day so even though it's nice to celebrate and be recognized, it's not really a BIG deal. Very interesting. I'm going to have to try to change that a little. Anyway, Gil's cousin Mark and his family came down from Lynnwood Washington to celebrate with us (they were here on vaca) and it was so nice seeing them and their little girl Tiare. She is now 3 years old and I still remeber what she looked like when she was 1. My how time flies by. We had a big delicious feast. Fried salmon covered in furikake, rice, spaghetti, garlic chicken, hot dog wrapped in bacon, garlic bread, some fried pork thingy (Filipino dish-I forget what it's called), and lots of desserts that I didn't eat cause I was so full. We probably had more that I can't think of. After eating the cousins got together and played the Wii, then it was outside to the park next door to our house for some fun sliding down the little hill. The kids enjoyed it but I don't think as much as my mother-in-law. She REALLY had fun!!




















Sliding down the little hill.









what are they playing?









Mariokart..Wii.....





1 comments:

Mer

Keli!! Your blog is SO cute!! Happy belated MOther's day!! Ok, so I couldn't help but notice you talked about not having the time to write in a journal. Check out this website:
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

It's on blurb.com!!

This company makes blog books! You can turn your blog into a book. A friend of mine had her blog turned into a book for $35.00, it looks amazing! Anyway, thought I'd share!

Love you, Mer :o)