Sunday, May 4, 2008

Go Team Red Sox...

My nephew Keoni plays little league baseball for the Kaimuki team-Red Sox. He loves it! They practice every Monday (I think) and Friday from like 5-6p.m. I think. This saturday he had a game against the Yankees (NY is the Yankees...right?) Anyway the boys had fun but they lost. I don't know what the score was nor do I want to know. I think they lost by a lot!?! But I don't think the kids really realized it. The other team was so good. They were catching the ball and throwing it to their pitcher and getting our little ones out so fast! Meanwhile our team is looking to see where to throw the ball, some not paying attention when the ball came right to them! Like Keoni. I think a ball came right to his glove but he wasn't paying attention until it hit his glove. He didn't catch it but scrambled right away to get it. It was so funny. And these kids can really hit too! Some were hitting farther than I thought they could (to the outfield). After the game was over the kids went and got snacks and drinks and I just so happen to catch Hailey doing cartwheels in the field and Belinha trying to do them too. It was the cutest thing! Belinha would run by Hailey put her hands on the ground and then put one leg up in the air. I guess that's a cartwheel for her (or what it looks like to her). All and all my family had a fun time just enjoying the outdoors and each others company.......and cheering on Keoni of course. It's probably the most exciting thing that happens to us all week.

"Where you lookin' Oni?"

Belinha trying to do a cartwheel



The ball is in the trees....see it?



Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!

(When the runners can't run cause you threw it to the pitcher)






The team

The Rookie card shot

0 comments: