Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day 2009...

I love my husband to death! He was totally into mother's day this year. I think last year he either just forgot or maybe because it's not a big deal for his mom and their family (mother's day isn't celebrated in the Filipines..?), that he thought it wouldn't be a big deal for me (all though he should know better). But this year he actually tried to think of something that would make me happy!

I have always told him that material things don't really matter. I don't need a big ring or necklace or clothes or expensive jewelry just something form the heart that was from him. Well this year he did it. He cooked breakfast for me and his mom (the other brother's pitched in too) and then gave me his present. Tears streamed down my face that he actually put into thought what I wanted (pictures below). I never knew he was such a crafty man. Good job honey!



Smooches for a job well done!







This is what he made me. It opens up like a book and I absolutely love it! He put on every single detail and picked out the paper and put it on over the MOM. He said it was very time consuming and he doesn't know why I like doing this kind of stuff.

This is the inside of the book. This mother's day was so special for me. Thanks hon!

This was mother's day dinner at my sisters house. All the men cooked! And did a wonderful job.

Two different types of chicken, ribs, sautee shrimp, cocktail shrimp, roasted veggies, rice, baked potatoes with fixings, jello, snicker salad, lemon bars and cookies. What a shmorgas board huh!

3 comments:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

That was neat! Give it up for Gil! Soooo Sweet!

Brian and Cami

That book is so cute! I've seen them before but am extremely impressed that Gil made it for you! WOW! You picked a winner!

kelly

those are the special presents that mean the most, and the effort that went in to it. praise him a lot! you get more of what you want. i don't care about expensive gifts either, that's why ki always writes me a letter which i love.