Thursday, November 6, 2008

He's not zero anymore...
He's ONE!

On October 28, 2008 my sweet baby turned one! This was a day of excitment, joy, sadness, and confusion all at once. I don't how you other moms felt on this day but it was kind of hard for me...a little. I was excited of course because my baby was turning one. A big milestone for us here in Hawaii. However, I felt sad because he turned one. He is just growing to fast for me and I don't know if it's because he's my first born or my only child.....so far, but I realized he will very soon not be my little baby anymore but my little boy, man, you get the picture. And soon enough there will come a day when he won't need me anymore. Ugh! I dread that day. Despite how I felt I made sure it was HIS day and let him have pretty much all the fun he wanted.







It actually started out at 3 am in the morning. He usually gets up once, sometimes twice a night and either I lay him in bed with us till he falls asleep and then put him back in his crib, or, if it's close enough to the time we wake up I just let him sleep in our bed till we wake up. Well since it technically was his birthday I let him sleep with me through out the night. I say me because Gil was sleeping on the couch that night...... Ha ha! I know what your thinking.... no he was not in trouble with me but he caught the flu starting sunday night and since Dezi's party was that Saturday I didn't want to take any chances with him getting sick. Especially because he and I were sick with the flu just 2 weeks earlier. So needless to say I had him the entire week to myself even though Gil was at home. Gil didn't touch him or even breath in his direction because I was so paranoid. I did not want a repeat. Anyway, when Dezi woke up I sang happy birthday to him twice, then he got some calls from Tutu Thiim, Aunty U'i, Aunty Chalei and Aunty Kapua. They all sang happy birthday to him and he loved it. He clapped and smiled at the phone while I held it. It was on speaker phone by the way. I made him some breakfast, well, mixed it. He loves his step 3 baby food, oatmeal with cinnamon and apples so that's what he had. After breakfast we got ready for the day and I dressed him in his birthday onesie. I know, he'll never wear it again but it was too cute!







You can read his outfit better in the picture below.





Then we played all morning with what ever he wanted... even things he shouldn't be playing with....shhhhhh!!! Nothing harmful to him of course. He took a nice long nap and when he got up I made him some juice in a sippy cup with lunch. Then we played some more, watched a couple einstein movies, ran a few errands that I needed to get done, took another nap, then got ready for his family party at Farrell's.



[ Gil wasn't able to go cause he was sick :( ]





Since none of our family has ever eaten there I thought "Let's try it, it could be fun and they do birthdays all the time." I hear them singing, and the sirens, every time I go to Pearl Ridge, even in the day. So there was about 23 of us total and I think he enjoyed it. The food was pretty good for a dessert place. They had mostly burgers and sandwiches along with a few other items. Everyone talked and I think generally had a good time. The workers came and sang him happy birthday and I don't know if he totally knew what to make of it, but boy did he grind. He had some of my burger, and some fries for the first time (only cause it was his birthday and he won't have any more till the next one), and some of his free birthday birthday ice cream. He was in total heaven after having the fries. I had to hide them from him so that he wouldn't get mad, or eat the whole basket. Overall we had fun even though there were a few snags in the evening.










When we arrived at Farrell's they decided to tell us then that when we sit down we would have a 90 min. time limit. For 23 people....yeah right!!! At first I was like, "okay, I think we might be okay." Then as the night went by I was thinking, "By the time we get our food they're gonna be kicking us out." It took about 5 min. to take our drink order, 10 min. to take our dinner order, almost 50 min. to get our food, which left us about 30 min. to eat dinner and order/eat dessert, sing happy birthday, and pay the bill. And since some of the family was late, some things took even longer. She even told my brother-in-law that he couldn't sit with us cause our time already started but that he could sit at a booth next to us and start his own time. I don't even know where to start with that so i'm not (He sat with us anyway). We were supposed to be out by 7:15. Obviously we went over our time limit (by about 10 min.) and all though you could tell our waitress was trying to be nice about it, you could also tell she was trying to hurry to get us out. Just a little something I noticed, the restaurant wasn't even that full, in fact, not even half full and there was no one waiting when we left. That bugged me a little but whatever. I don't know if i'll go there again, but if I do......it will be with a lot less people.





Here's a video of the workers singing happy birthday to Dezi.
















1 comments:

kelly

where are his other b-day pictures?
i hope he had a fun b-day, he is such a cutie. that is super weird at farrells, i know they are busy a lot but if no one was waiting?!