Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trip to the zoo...

Warning: This blog is very very long so if you don't have time to read just look at the pictures. After all they are worth a thousand words.


Our trip to the zoo was so much fun! It just kind of happened. I called my sisters to see what they were doing cause I wanted to get Dezi out of the house. U'i and Chalei were just gonna take their kids to the beach. Well I didn't want to drive all the way into town (seeing as how gas is so expensive now...rediculously expensive) just to go to a beach. I thought if I were to go to a beach I could go to a much closer one. Anyway I didn't really feel like going to the beach cause we've been going to beaches and my sisters pool a lot lately and was kind of tired of it (I just wanted to do something else). So I called Kapua and they were thinking about going to the zoo. I thought okay I wouldn't mind driving into town to go to the zoo (seeing as that's the only zoo in Hawaii), it's something different and i'm sure Dezi would love it! So then we all kinda said, okay to the zoo we go. So we met up at the zoo and all the kids had a blast! Dezi really liked it too. The animals he saw anyway. The flamingos were the first animals we saw when we walked in and he just stared at them. Not really impressed. Next were the elephants.

He really like the elephants. He got so excited when they came out of their little home and started walking around. They came right in front of us. Then one of the elephants started to throw dirt on it's back. At first I thought that's cool he's probably cooling himself off or playing or what ever it was then realized that the dirt flown in the air was now drifting our way. I had to hurry and turn Dezi's stroller around so he wouldn't get dirt all over his face. It was still cool though to see the animals actually doing something and not just standing there. Then there were the monkey's .

We saw Lemurs and Gibbons (a type of monkey). One of the monkey's looked like it was pregnant. She had a big hanging, swinging, belly and was walking around almost to show it off. It looked funny. Dezi didn't really pay attention to the monkey's though cause at the bottom of each monkey habitat were brightly colored Koi fish swimming around which were much more interesting to him. What can I say, My baby doesn't monkey around! Hahaha!!! LOL!! Okay totally lame joke I know.



So this is the last picture taken of Dezi awake. He then went into his stroller cause he was tired and cruised there for a while, while we looked at the turtles and the reptile cave (It has all kinds of lizards and snakes and stuff like that). Since he was tired he didn't really look at the reptiles he just kind of zoned out. Then he fell asleep and took his regular nap and didn't wake up until we got to the car. Uuuggghh! I was hoping that he would wake up in time for the keiki zoo but nope. He was just tired and I didn't want to disturb his sleep. At least he enjoyed everything that he did see although it wasn't much. That's okay we'll just have to go again with daddy when he's a little older to really appreciate it!

Okay so halfway through the zoo we stopped to have some lunch at the benches and we had a little guest with us. This peacock just roams around the zoo I guess and it kept roaming around us. It was trying to eat our food. Cody dropped some chips on the floor and it came over by us and started to eat them, then wouldn't leave Cody alone. It followed him and was waiting for him to drop another chip I guess. It was neat but kind of scary at the same time. You never know what a peacock can do when he's hungry and wants food! YIKES! He got a little to close to the kids a couple of times and scared them a little but overall he was a cool bird that just wanted attention and a full belly! Beautiful bird though.





The girls just having fun (Cody didn't want to take a picture with all the girls!). From left to right

Liana-Krysta-Taylin-Belinha-Keely-Aleena-Naysa


After seeing all the animals (tigers, cheetahs, ostrich, zebras, rihnos, & giraffes...no lions...sniff sniff: I didn't want to post all the pics otherwise this blog would really really be long ) our day ended at the Keiki Zoo and the kids had a blast...




Some water turning thing




Mr. Llama want a kiss?




Keely got real comfortable with the goats and decided to hug one.




Belinha a little scared at first but warmed up a little after we played what color are the goats?








































0 comments: