Thursday, December 3, 2009

So long Lyla...

I think maybe everyone has had their hoopty car's right? Well this was mine. I named her Lyla the day I got her. (it was my brother's car, then mine). She is a 1994 Nissan 200sx. She used to be green and I kept her pretty clean on the inside. I started driving her at the very very end of my senior year in high school. She has always been very good to me but as she got older she became less reliable: Sparks plugs always going, losing power all of sudden and thinking I'm going to roll straight down the big hill backwards, blowing a tire at the airport, and breaking down on me on the freeway a mile from my house at midnight (thanks honey and all your friends who came and got me.), ....just to name a few. That last one I listed was the last draw for Gil and when we were dating (I know how it sounds but we pretty much knew we were going to get married at that point.) he took my old car to drive to work and he bought me my brand new 2004 white Honda Accord, that I currently drive, for my birthday! I was totally in heaven cause this was my something new......NEW! And it was mine. I have always had hand me downs from my two older sisters, which I didn't mind too much because I thought they were cool. But this was the first thing that was all mine.

I absolutely love my car now and can't imagine giving it up. I have named her Rosie since the day I started driving her, hence the rose on my shifting gear. She is my baby and I still am anal about keeping her clean. Although sometimes she does get really dirty do to the fact that I have a toddler, I give her a good deep antibacterial-ized cleaning at least 2 times a month.

Goodbye Lyla...You have lived a full life! Enjoy your new owner's. Hope they can make you whole again.

3 comments:

kelly

so you still had this car the whole time? did gil drive it? i miss my first car, a little yellow MG convertible, i might post that actually it was cute!

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

I bet Lyla gave you some great times. Lucky! I never had a car that I could call my own. At home, I drove my parents' car. Gil's sweet.

U'i and Kahana

WHAT?! YOU SOLD LYLA??!! o...m....g!!! you didnt even say n e thing! well, its okay to let her go :0) she'll be happy in her new home! but im sure she'll miss u too