Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bishop Museum...

A while back we took Dezi to the Bishop Museum to see the Dinosaur exhibit. He didn't like it one bit. They had dinosaurs set up outside on the lawn, he didn't like those. He didn't like the dinosaurs inside, bones or whole. But he did like everything else we saw. The Hawaiian, the volcano and sea animal fossil shells.

It was a fun day for me and Gil though. We learned new things and saw some interesting things. I haven't been there since a field trip I took for class in intermediate. Can you believe that! I couldn't remember anything about the Museum except for the whale that hangs in the Hawaiian section. HA!






So not sure about the dino behind him.


He kept saying "No no no no!"



FREAKED OUT....when he saw this thing.



and MAJORLY FREAKED OUT.....when this popped out from behind the bushes roaring!


He kind of had fun with this activity...you brush the rice away to uncover the fossil. But there was a dino in the corner so he making sure that it wasn't making noise or moving.



He had fun with this. Daddy and Dezi sliding down a lava tube?

I think that's what it was. After the dino exhibit we walked around to see everything else which Dezi loved. There's to many photos but he did have a great time.

3 comments:

kelly

i have yet to make it to the bishop museum. you need to show dezi land before time, cute little dinosaurs! not jurassic park dinosaurs!

Brian and Cami

I know it's been a while, but I like your short haircut! I'm glad you finally did it! Do you like it?

Sondra

It's always so funny that as parents we take our kids to do things that we think are fun and then they end up being scared. I'm glad he liked the other things in the museum!