Thursday, July 30, 2009

4th of July...



Another late post but thought I would share anyway. For the 4th of July weekend Gil asked
his brother, who works at the Marriott in Waikiki, if he could get us a room where we would
be able to see the fireworks display. He said he also a kind of wanted a romantic weekend with me since we haven't had one in a long while. So I of course I jumped at the opportunity. "Kind of romantic" meaning we had Dezi. I'm not comfortable with my in-laws watching him over night because who knows what they would feed him, and my parents already have 4 grandchildren at their house that they can't get rid of. (Haha! Chalei......you know I love you!) So we did invite my family if they wanted to come. My parents, and sister-in-law and her two kids came. It was nice to have them their because Dezi had playmates until bed time.

This is how the night went. We checked in @ 3-ish and my sister-in-law met us in the lobby a few minutes after. We got to the room on the 24th floor, and oogled at the view we had, then got ready for the pool. We met my parents downstairs and I took my mom to the room to get her ready while everyone else went to the pool. Oogled again at the view then went to the pool. We
swam and had fun in our little corner of the pool for about an hour (which is kinda small I might add), then got ready for dinner. We ate at another hotel across from the Marriott at a restaurant called...?....something 247? 24/7? Oh I can't remember. Anyway the restaurant food was very good. And there was hardly anyone in there so I didn't mind that Dezi was kind of running around. After dinner we went back to the room and saw fireworks. We had a little pre-show too. Before the Magic Island started we saw Kapolei's in the distance and the one by Pearl Harbor somewhere....Hickam? Then our show began, and we had front row seats! Thanks Glen for an awesome night. After the fireworks my family went home, then Gil and I started our own fireworks! Nah just kidding we had Dezi in the room. Or did we? Ha ha!






Awesome view from our balcony.






We were in the corner all the way at the top. The little spots in the water are people
that have been out there all day waiting for fireworks.









Our fun little corner of the pool.























At night. This is a funky shot. I love it!









And this is what we saw from our balcony.








Daddy and Bubby







In the morning we ate breakfast at Burger King, not at B.K. we ate on the beach and walked up Waikiki and back. So much has changed since I was last there.








And this is a cool motorcycle that was made entirely out of wood. Gil thought it was the coolest thing that he ever saw. Dezi kept saying....Car? car? So cute. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

kelly

your 4th looks very fun and relaxing, ours was boring but it's ok, it was just me and anela we watched a movie and got menchie's. i think the restuarant is mac24/7 and i have heard it's good!
it's good to get away sometimes even if it's waikiki

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

I love the 4th and all the festivities. Looks like yours was awesome! What a view! I also saw that wooden motorcycle at the Harley Davison shop in Waikiki. It was way cool!

The Banks Family

what a way to spend your 4th of july! and the view. your family has so much fun.