Friday, June 12, 2009

Glad to support, but didn't know...

So a while back my family goes to Kapiolani Park Bandstand to help support my niece who was dancing hula with her halau. I don't think anyone one of us saw her dance before out of the 3 years (3) she's been dancing. So we were all excited to go but then realized that it's at Kapiolani we should leave early so we can get some kind of parking.
Gil and I left early enough to get parking but when we arrived we were very surprised. There was a Hawaiian thingy going on over there with hundreds of extra people to support Hawaii and all the things about Hawaii. The culture, language, food, etc.. So we totally lucked out and found parking in the lot right next to the bandstand. We find my family and everyone says, "I know. We didn't know what was going on either. " So although we didn't realize that my niece was dancing for this "Support Hawaii" thing, (that's not what it was called I forget the name.) I'm glad we went and were able to show our love for where we live.
All different kinds of groups came to sing. The music was so beautiful.




Of course it was so blistering hot that day that my family found some shade to sit under. See this tree....well it was packed with birds. Big, ugly, dirty birds and you can probably guess what happened next. Right when Gil and I arrive we start talking to my sister and I see out of the corner of my eye a big something fall near Dezi who was in the stroller. So I look down, can't see anything. Look on Gil, can't see anything. Look around Dezi's stroller, can't see anything. Then brush it out of my mind. Not even a minute later I'm thinking "Something fell, it has to be doodoo, where the heck is it?" Look all over my self (stupid thought cause it landed in front of me but I was so perplexed). Look all around again and I finally spot it. ON DEZI'S ARM!!!
A big HUGE plop of doodoo was on his arm. I freak out and start cleaning his arm and Gil and my sister-in-law are making sure he doesn't move and spread it or touch it (he had no idea it was on his arm until I freaked). While I'm cleaning up I see an even bigger mess on his shirt. I swear this bird saved up for days and unloaded at the perfect opportune time.
DISGUSTING!





After all the mayhem we enjoyed a Hawaiian plate lunch and shave ice.

While we were waiting for my niece to come and perform other singers were playing and invited anyone who felt the music to come and dance. And so this little old man did just that.
He was so cute and good that Dezi just started at him the entire song and he even came up to Dezi and danced for him.
Finally, here's my niece in the purple skirt up front.
She did such a good job.

2 comments:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Poor thing Dezi! I totally laughed when I was reading but I'm sure it wasn't funny then.

kelly

we have all had a birdy doo doo mishap, not fun! that thingy sounds fun, it must not have been very well publisized it doesn't look very crowded. it is fun you got to enjoy it! it was fun seeing you at youth conference especially last night when you 2 looked gorgeous!