Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is Matsumoto's the best...?

Okay so when everyone wants shave ice where do you usually go? I bet your gonna say Matsumoto's right? Well for all the years I have been living here with my family we have always gone to Matsumoto's to get shave ice, and we've always taken friends from the mainland there too! Well i'm gonna go against the popular vote and say Matsumoto's may not be the best. I know, I know your probably shocked but "read" me out before your heads pop. About a month ago Gil and I went to the beach just for fun one weekend and then decided to get shave ice before we went home. Well... we went to matsumoto's and the line of course was very long. What else is new. Anyway we wanted to get home so we decided to get shave ice from Aoki's which is right next door. That changed everything. Aoki's shave ice is so fine and they have a lot more flavors than Matsumoto's. You can add all kinds of things. Matsumoto's is still good but Aoki's is awesome. I must say don't be hate'n until you try it. I don't think you will be disappointed. There was even a guy that had the Aoki's sign tattooed on his back. You know no one would do that unless it was the bomb! So if your ever on the north shore and want to get shave ice...think about Aoki's and let me know if you try it and how it is!






Such a pretty sign

Yum Yum! Aoki's is awesome!

5 comments:

DeCaires Chronicles

I like Waiola shave ice personally because it's fine too. So I think next time I'm on the north shore I'll definitely try Aokis.

Brian and Cami

We've never been to Aoki's, but whenever we are in Laie we go to Angel's. They put ice cream in the bottom and sweetened condensed milk on top. It's so much better than Matsumoto's too! We'll have to try Aoki's next since it's a whole lot closer than Angel's!

kelly

kiley will only go to aoki's, i only like shave ice about once a year so it doesn't really matter to me but my mom is coming and she LOVES shave ice so we will try both, she won't give up matsumoto's-yet.
what flavor do you love? i only do pina colada with ice cream.

Gil, Keli, Dezi and Ava

Since I have recently discovered them I have had the blue hawaii which is a mixture of pineapple, coconut, and vanilla? I'm not really sure but it's good and then i'll get like strawberry or cherry with it. It's cool that they have different flavors mixed together already then you only need to pick one or two other flavors. But my goal is to try them all!

Juli

Back in the day Matsumoto's really was the best. But times they are a changin'! I'm actually a HUGE fan of Island Snow in Kailua. It's so soft, and they give you plenty syrup--I like coconut, li hing, and lilikoi. I'm also all about the extras--ice cream, azuki beans, and snow cap.


Great. Now I'm craving shave ice. Just what I need. Darn pregnancy hormones. ;)