Monday, May 24, 2010

A new beginning...

A new life look forward to in brand new house is a dream come true. After living with no space of my own for 4 years with my family this is to good to be true. I have been so blessed with everything and am truly grateful for what I have. I don't care if we have nothing now and are living pay check to pay check for now cause I'm loving my life!!



Before...
(I know I posted other of the before so here's just another look)








During...
We basically tore out all the carpet in the entire house and redid that, painted all the rooms (mine is cream, Dezi's is blue, guest is white along with the rest of the house except the dining and living room is brown), Gil redid all the lights, and laid laminate wood in the whole downstairs. Now it's just the decorating and putting up the little touches that make it a home.














the hole in the ground was so Gil could do the lighting in the kitchen.













After...
We are sooooo proud of the end result. It is our home and we love it. We are slowly getting all the little things to decorate but that will take time and money which is one thing we don't have at the moment. But I don't care....cause I have my own house. And I know it's only for a time.







Didn't quite know what to do with this little nook area so when we saw this shelf

it said...."put me in the nook."







I had to find something to put on this wall fast and found swirly things. If I didn't
Gil would have put donkey Kong stickers from top to bottom. It's in the garage now. I'll show you
a picture of it later. Feeeew!!























This was during Easter. Hence the eggs hanging from the window. It makes me smile just looking at it now! Aaaaahhhhh!!



3 comments:

kelly

it is looking so beautiful, i need to come down and see it, if you ever need help with anything let us know! decorating will come, you don't want to do it too fast or you will just get stuff to get it. search ross, target and even second hand stores for things to redo, it can be fun!

Cami

WOW!!! It looks amazing! Well done, I am so happy for you guys! Miss you!

♥The Fatongia's♥

I LOVE it Keli! BEAUTIFUL! So when's the housewarming party?!?!? lol... Congrats again! You deserve it!