Sunday, November 29, 2009

P.C.C. day...

So a long while back my brother and his son came down for a nice long visit from Texas. While they were here we thought it would be nice if the whole family went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, since they redid the night show. It was the best day I think we all had in a while. The kids were amazed at all the things they saw, heard and experienced and thoroughly enjoyed themselves and so did the adults. Here's a quick re-cap...








First everyone met at Papa's office at BYUH around lunch time. Above is one of the views from his office. You can see the cannon center from his window, and below is a picture of papa....and Dezi.....working hard. Or hardly working.


We ate lunch at the Seasider then headed on over to the Poly Center.


We watched the canoe show....

This is Fiji. I thought it was a cool motion pic. The kiddies REALLY enjoyed watching all the dancers on boats.



Went to a few villages....
My sister U'i volunteering to show her mad Tahitian skills. Uh, hello. Isn't it supposed to be for the tourists? LOL!!

We got some tattoo's....

Dezi not quite sure about his.

Tried out some poi balls...

He had the funnest time. I had to buy some partly because I wanted a pair and partly because he didn't want to give his up. Ok, so mostly because I wanted a pair.

And really enjoyed the new night show. This guy was the main adult character. Isn't he hot? Team who?

Before the night show we left to eat McDonald's then went back to watch the show. It was totally amazing and I would see it again and again. If you haven't seen the new show do yourself a favor and take your family it will be a night you won't forget! I will never forget this day. All our family (almost) in one place enjoying each other, catching up, laughing and watching our little ones play together. This is one I won't forget.

4 comments:

kelly

we need to go out for that dinner and show deal they have, glad to hear it was good. your family is fun!

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Your dad looks so familiar. What is your maiden name?

Your dad and both my parents work in the same offic building and with the same veiw of the CAC.

Gil, Keli, Dezi and Ava

Thiim is my maiden name.

DeCaires Chronicles

Lol! Is that the same night u'i texted me that she was at the night show?? I left my phone at home that night but if I knew yous were there I would've came and said hi! :( glad you enjoyed it!