Friday, April 25, 2008

The "Great Kahana Cookout"...

Every year (for the past 2 years) my family gets together and we have a "Great Kahana Cookout." It's in honor of my great grandfather (Kahana Papa), who was such an amazing cook. He cooked all kinds of chinese foods that were to die for. So now my whole family on my mothers side gets together every February (which was his birthday) and we all share stories about Kahana Papa and cook his food. It's never as good as his, but it brings back fond memories for those who remember him. I love this get together. It brings all my family together and we have so much fun catching up, eating, talking, and getting to know our forever expanding family. It's also fun just to see our kids playing together and laughing and having fun as we did growing up! Never take your families for granted. Cherish the time you have with them and always let them know you love them.





Setting up

hanging out on the porch


acting silly

some of the cousins

toot's

0 comments: