Saturday, March 31, 2012

A visit from the police man...

About a month ago Dezi's school had the Police Department come down to do a little career day.  They spoke to the kids about what they do, how they help people and the differences between some of the other community helpers like the firemen.  The kids got to sit on the motorcylces and ATV's and got to go inside a police car.  The officers even let the kids start up some of the vehicles and push buttons to hear the different sounds they made.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to take some pictures of Dezi at a school function but it didn't go as I had hoped.  

Dezi was not at all into wanting anything to do with the police.  Which I have to say is probably Gil's and my fault since we would tell him that if he was not good the policeman would take him away.  Ooops!  But since then we have not mentioned anything about the police man in a negative way and now only talk good things about them.  Whew!

In the picture above you can see how totally unhappy Dezi is about being so close to a police man and sitting on the bike.  I asked him about it later and he said.."But mommy I didn't want the police man to take me away from you."  I feel bad about it now.



In this picture his teacher Ms. Mary is coaxing him to take a photo for his I.D. card.  He eventually did it but you should see his expression on his card.  She also had to be there when they took his finger prints too. 

Oh my Dezi Kain.  He can be so sweet, so annoying, so outgoing, and so shy at any given time.  But I love this little man to pieces!